It's been amazing to look back over the last 7 years and see all that God has done to mold me into the image of His Son Jesus. In the natural, I am very, VERY resistant to change; it didn't used to matter if the change was good or not, I hated it anyway. It all started exactly 7 years ago when my family moved to Ketchikan. Everything I'd ever known was forever different and honestly, I was angry. Ever since then, the changes have come steadily, and they've consistently gotten bigger and more challenging. They say your taste in food changes every 7 years because that's how long it takes for the human body to run through an entire cycle of cell regeneration. In this particular case, the same is true spiritually. It's taken, through many, many different cirumstances over the last 7 years for ME to be changed...not the things around me, but ME. Finally after all this time, my first response is NOT looking at the natural outward experiences and circumstances, but instead believing by faith in the character of God that things aren't what they seem, that "He who is able to do more than I could ever ask or imagine" is not just a theological quip, but a very real sliver of the character of the God who has chosen and loved me for no other reason than to glorify Himself! Isn't it somewhere in Hebrews that says these things are but a shadow of the things to come? At any rate, as I've learned to trust GOD, and get past my own stubbornness, and as Oswald Chambers loves to say "give up my right to myself", I am able to finally see the GOOD things that God had planned in what I thought were the most horrible change in circumstances in my life. I've learned that I really should not care about knowing how a particular scenario is going to turn out, and put my faith and fervor into what I DO know, and that is God's character. On that note, I would like to share two very significant changes that have come about recently. I have no idea the reasons for these changes; I could analyze them to death since that's in my nature, and probably come up with some pretty good reason and/or out comes on my own. The only thing I do know is that they're on my heart and God is good!! They are both opportunities for prayer and faith!
First, my half-brother Jamie, whom I have only known over the phone the last 5 years has moved to Anchorage and is living with us. It is yet unknown whether he will stay here, or go back to Missouri. If he stays, he will need a job and a place of his own very soon.
Second, I have taken a job with a
company that will allow me to work from home. I will still be
doing medical coding and billing, just from my home office (how do you like the view from my office window?)!! While this answers some of the things that have been on our hearts the last year or so, one concern is that I am a very social person and the adjustment to spending so much time by myself will probably be a challenge.
God is good! I believe in the plans he has in these two recent changes and in faith I am excited to see how He will be glorified!!
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Changes
Posted by Jeremy & Olivia at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow, I was so encouraged to read this post. I too am grateful that God tarries with us through the process of becoming more like Him. How exciting to be able to work from home, yay!! I would love to do that!! We will be praying for you as you adjust. :)
Good word! That's something God's impressed on me lately, too, that we can put all our trust in Him because He is GOOD. I can be a tad slow to look at HIM instead of circumstances, too. :) I'm glad He's kind and leads us step by step! It will be good to see how the Lord works things out for Jamie, and for you in your new job (with the gorgeous view!).
Olivia, I think you've been learning something that we all need to really take hold of: God is good, regardless of our understanding or viewpoints. Of course that is exactly what Paul talks about in Rom 8. Thanks for the post!
Olivia,
Sure appreciated reading your comments. The Lord is so steadfast in His pursuit of us. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Hugs to you from us.
I haven't checked your blog in a long time, but it is good to hear what God is doing in you. What a process this life is! So amazing that God cares about us so intricately.
Funny that you seem so much further away than if you were in Seattle or somewhere like that. Did you hear that my parents moved to WA?
That's great that you get to work out of your home. Especially with such a wonderful view.
I hope that Eric and I will be able to make it up there again sometime. It would be wonderful to catch up!
Love, Sarah
Great insights, Olivia .. thank you for sharing them! Keep us posted on your adjustment to working from home.
Post a Comment