Monday, November 06, 2006

NEWSBOYS!!!!






My eardrums managed to survive a full weekend at the PAC (Performing Arts Center)! Friday as earlier posted I went to a smooth jazz concert, and the very next evening, we had 3rd row seats to see the Newsboys! I had never seen them live and really haven't followed their music since hi-school; it was great to get reaquainted with their music. They do put on an AMAZING show! About half way through, their front man, Peter Furler stopped and actually preached. This was not your token "encouraging word" you usually find at a contemporary Christian concert; he full on preached the Word of God and then he prayed for all of Anchorage's pastors that there would be unification amidst the different denominations, and he prayed for both Anchorage's political leaders, as well as our nation's and world's leaders. You could feel the Spirit of God was there; it was amazing!! I actually Googled "how to take good pictures at a concert" and was able to manually change some settings on my camera and get some pretty good shots!

1 comments:

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Cool pics, I guess I should have looked up how to change the settings on my camera because my Who pictures were lame.