Thursday, February 22, 2007

Close encounters...of the Bullwinkle kind!

So, the temperatures around here have dropped dramatically the last few days...it's 8 below right now. Anyway, when the temps drop, it forces the moose down from the mountains. Well, when Jer got up this morning to go to work around 5:30am, I got up with him to let the dogs out. I opened the garage door, we all 3 ran out and around to the right of the house where they usually do their business...right into a moose!!! She just kind of looked at us. Josie growled and started after her, and Audrey, who did so well and held it without whining all night just dropped and peed, because obviously that was more important!! Plus, I am not sure she is tall enough to see over the snow berm to even see what Josie was growling at! I think there may have been two because after us girls ran back into the garage and shut the door, Jer was coming out the front door to start his truck and ran into one also! So either there were two and we only noticed one, or the one Josie growled at and ran after crossed to the other side of our driveway after we left...Anyway, praise God for divine protection!!
Moose





0 comments: