Monday, July 23, 2007

Rain Clouds & Door Springs

NOT on my list of favorite things.....
So, the clouds are back with rain, as are the 55ish temperatures...*sigh*...July is supposed to be HOT. Oh well...at least it keeps down the forest fires.
As I type this Jer, Isaac, Geoff, and John are replacing the extension spring to our garage door. I had come home two nights ago, pulled into the garage and then pushed the button to close it...just as the door reached fully closed, there was this incredibly loud *SNAP*...scared the peewadens out of me. During my initial search I couldn't find anything wrong...next morning (Sunday) I tried to open the door to let the dogs out and it went up about 2 inches and then back down and then attempted on its own to open again by two inches and then went back down, then up 2 inches and down...I had to finally unplug it and release the emergency lever to get the door to go all the way back down. And this is a fully insulated double car garage door, so there was no way I could lift it (Jer was out of town camping) and my car was stuck inside. But, thankfully Jer parks his truck outside the garage, so I was able to make it to church on time!! Aha, I hear the door opening and closing...Praise God, sounds like they fixed it!!

3 comments:

Derek Linder said...

I'm not quite sure what "peewadens" are, but that is definitely the sweetest word I have heard all day! Thanks ;)

~Stew~Becky~Petal~Sawyer~Finn ~ said...

Wow -- I'm glad it didn't come crashing down on your car or something -- it is nice Jer is so handy --- I enjoy having a handy husband around the house. :)

Tom & Glenda said...

Derek - you are sssooooooooo funny!