God is GOOOD! Jer and I were very much in need of a break. I had been asking the Lord for just a few days of rest, and long story short, some friends of ours flew us to Oahu for 4 days!! We got there 1) on standby 2) without a single delayed flight and 3) despite Mt Redoubt!!
We had a fantastic time on the beach, driving around the island, and getting old fashioned sun burned and getting to know Mark and Monica better! :) We got to see Pearl Harbor, found the main beach where LOST is filmed, and had a close encounter with a sea turtle, and had a visit from a pigeon who stayed on our balcony and just wouldn't leave...even when I practically sat on him!! With Facebook being the rage, I'm not even sure who all checks this blog anymore, but none the less, here are some great pictures!
The beach right outside our condo:
The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor:
The LOST beach:
A sea turtle sunbathing:
Our friend Bird who would not leave...and my sunburn! :)

6 comments:
I like facebook, but I love the blogs!! Looks like you had a great time. Keep posting, we check regularly!! Blessings to you :)
Hi Olivia!
I do check your blog still, even though I did join Facebook (because of Becky's threat to stop her blog!) It sounds like you had a great trip! That's one great big turtle! I sure do need a break too - do you think anyone will take me to Hawaii for a trip too? :) I could handle that!
Looks like you had a really nice time. Glad you could get away for a bit. I know we really enjoyed our time there a year or so ago. Nice turtle! That's one thing we didn't get to see close up, maybe next time.
Have a great week. Blessings to you!
Looks like a DELICIOUS time!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Well, I check your blog on a regular basis for several reasons, one being I much prefer the format. So please keep on blogging if not for my benefit alone! :-) You look like you had a great time...LOVE the turtle picture with Jeremy!!! XOXO
Looks like a wonderful place! I want to go there someday! That's great that everything worked out so well for you guys!
Post a Comment