Saturday, June 28, 2008

One hundred and first

So, this is my one hundred and first blog posting! Many months ago I made sure to watch carefully so I could post something spectacular for the 100th, and lo and behold, I passed it right by! On the upside however, I guess this counts as the FIRST of the next 100, so it's still worth mentioning.

I do have to say however, I don't have anything particularly "spectacular" to blog about. It's overcast and 54 here in Anchorage and yes, it is almost July. Meanwhile, I continue to torture myself with an igoogle gadget that tells me Maui's real time temperature and 5 day forecast (85 and clear).

I suppose I could rouse myself into doing something spectacular and blogging about it later, but Jeremy is at work (he has been working 6 10's for about a month, with no end in sight) and Tony (our room-mate) is off watching a movie, and everyone else I know is working, so I am here alone with the dogs, having already done enough house-work that I don't feel guilty contemplating playing Mario Olympics on my Wii, albeit all alone.

I really can't complain however, as this time of nothing-ness will be short-lived. As soon as my order of supplies comes in, I'll be working on Kendra's wedding invitations in my spare time and in a few short weeks I'll be going to Seattle to see Becky and the family (which I am THRILLED about) and then on to a summer full of weddings and baby showers and church activities and camping trips.

Why is it, I wonder, when I'm busy I wish things would slow down and when they do I wish I had something to do?? I'm going to think about the answer while I play Wii. Aloha for now.

0 comments: